Sunday, February 8, 2015

Surf City Marathon Race Report

It was a good day in Huntington Beach, California on February 1, 2015. Perfect weather for the Surf City USA Marathon near the beach. The race started in the dark and ended in the beautiful California sun. 





Heading to the finish along the beach.
















Love the signs for the Pacific Coast Highway
 I have to admit I love this song and have wanted to drive the Pacific Coast Highway since hearing it several years ago.



But alas, I digress..... I finished.
Great finisher medal

I'm not super happy with my time because I know I have it in me to be faster. It was a good day to be in California and that is enough.

This was a great race; a big race with 19,000 runners. I love Huntington Beach and hope to get back again soon. The town seemed happy to have us with signs from restaurants welcoming runners. I always like that when cities do that for big events.
Had dinner the night before at the Huntington Beach Beer Company. Excellent burgers and beer. Highly recommend.
Recommendation for future runners: 

If you run this race, reserve a hotel room within walking distance to the start because driving around is crazy on race day. After staying at a less expensive hotel 15 miles away, I wouldn't do it again. It's worth it to pay more to reduce stress on race morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment